Common Details You Must Know About Engagement Rings
The custom engagement ring is becoming favorite day by day as an alternative to the premade designs. It is usually made to reflect the personality and the special bond that they share. The ring can be customized in numerous ways. The best part about personalized rings is that you can get a huge access to several styles.
Types of rings
The common types of custom engagement ring that can match the different personality traits of the couple are explained below:
- Elegant and traditional: Usually a classic solitaire setting in a ring usually displays the central diamond without any obstructions. The rings that tend to have one central diamond are traditionally termed as Solitaires and are the most popular type of ring. This kind of ring usually has a plain metal band, and a basket setting, or trellis setting is done since the diamond is set quite low. Sometimes the rows of diamond accents or peekaboo diamonds are set on the band.
- Elegant and stylish: These are common among couples who want to dazzle with glamour. They usually have the diamond set high on the ring or even have a diamond on the band of the ring. Halo rings are quite popular in this segment. The design features a circle of several diamonds around the center of the ring which adds a glow to the wearer as well as makes the central diamond appear much more significant.
- Nature lover and outdoorsy: This sort of design is more suitable for couples who are nature lovers and love to spend time outdoors. For them rings with organic elements such as flowers, leaves, and vines are the best option. It is best to get a ring where the diamond is fitted lower for an active woman. A thin metal band or a bezel setting that is done around the girdle of the diamond to protect the diamond.
- Timeless and romantic: If you are one of those who like to carry the royal look and at the same time very peculiar about the designs of the vintage era, then it is best to go for rings that have scrollwork or filigree patterns, intricate galleries, milgrain details or even dainty bands. Authentic antique rings can also be chosen if the couple prefers one-of-a-kind unique rings.
- Contemporary and modern: There are numerous rings in a sculptural style that tends to have non-traditional or non-conventional forms. It is ideally meant for couples who appreciate a fashion-forward modern style. It can have a thin metal band that tends to hug the diamond all-round the girdle. Even sparkle can be added to the ring with gemstone or diamond accents.
Things to check before buying
It is essential to plan for the custom engagement ring beforehand to avoid any last-minute chaos or even disaster. Custom rings sometimes become a necessity for some when the readymade ones do not fit appropriately or when the customer has the diamond. The common things that should be paid heed while buying custom rings are explained below:
- Choosing of the jeweler: The most essential and foremost part of buying a ring is choosing the right jeweler. It is better to get in touch with people who have recently acquired engaged or the bride whose style was impressive. The diamond dealer must essentially have GIA (Gemological Institute of America, Inc.) report or some report given by any certified jeweler institution.
- Start early: It is mandatory to start planning for the ring early. Usually, the jeweler would create a sketch based on the couples’ preferences. They can also make a ring if you provide them with a real diamond. They would make a raw mold of the ring and show to the customer before finalizing the design. It is important to work with a jeweler who has enough patience to entertain to the demand of the customer until they are completely satisfied.